About Cystic Fibrosis
Cystic Fibrosis, caused due to abnormal transport of chloride, sodium and bicarbonate ions across epithelial cell membranes, is a multi-organ disorder.
Difficulty breathing is the most serious symptom and results from frequent lung infections – these can be treated, though not cured, by antibiotics and other medications.
Symptoms Of Cystic Fibrosis
- Troublesome cough
- Repeated chest infections
- Sinus infections
- Poor growth
How Salt Can Help
- It kills bacteria.
- It has mucolytic effects, meaning it helps to shift retained mucus and reduce the chance of infection.
- It is anti-inflammatory.
How The Salt World Can Help
If you or a family member suffers from cystic fibrosis, you should seriously consider Salt Therapy. Not only will it bring much-needed relief, but it also prevents your symptoms recurring so frequently.
Salt Therapy is a clinically proven natural, safe and beneficial method of treatment for every age group. By visiting our Salt Room and breathing in the saline aerosol generated by our machine it can significantly help to:
- Reduce the need for inhalers and antibiotics
- Make your breathing easier after just a few sessions
- Improve lung function
- Reduce the number of hospital admissions
- Alleviate sneezing, coughing, and shortness of breath
- Clear mucus and sticky phlegm from the lungs
- Kill bacteria
- Increase the resistance to respiratory tract diseases
How Often Should You Come
- Depending on age and stage of your condition, 20-30 sessions are recommended for long term results.
- Then follow-up sessions every two to three months are recommended to maintain the clear lung, clearing out retained mucus from the humps.
- The sessions should be frequent; about two or three a week is suggested.
“My lung function has greatly improved and I no longer have shortness of breath doing everyday activities. It has reduced my hospital admissions and I am generally feeling a lot healthier. People have commented on how well I look. I have also stopped taking my hay fever tablets as I no longer need them. Brilliant! Thank you!”
– Sarah F.