Hay Fever And Allergies
About Hay Fever And Allergies
Hay fever, also called allergic rhinitis, causes cold-like signs and symptoms, such as a runny nose, itchy eyes, congestion, sneezing and sinus pressure. But unlike a cold, hay fever isn’t caused by a virus. Hay fever is caused by an allergic response to outdoor or indoor allergens, such as pollen, dust mites or pet dander.
Hay fever brings misery to many people, with symptoms including sneezing, congestion, runny nose and sinus pressures.
The substance that causes an allergic reaction in hay fever sufferers is called an allergen, with the most common airborne allergens being pollen, dust, mould spores, pet fur and fibres.
Symptoms Of Hay Fever
- red, swollen eyes
- sore throat
- frequent nosebleeds
- mouth ulcers
- Irritability and depression.
How Salt Can Help
- It is anti-inflammatory.
- It removes pathogen agents (airborne pollen).
- It reduces IgE levels (which cause oversensitivity of the immune system).
“As soon as you walk in the cave you notice a difference. Any breathing discomfort is eliminated. It seems such a simple fact, but you can really ‘breathe’ and it is such a relief.”
– Tish W
How The Salt World Can Help
Hayfever and allergy sufferers should consider Salt Therapy, as not only will it bring immediate relief, but it also prevents the frequency with which your symptoms repeats.
Salt Therapy is a clinically proven natural, safe and beneficial method of treatment for every age group. By visiting our Salt Room and breathing in the saline aerosol generated by our machine it can significantly help to:
- Reduce the need for anti histamine.
- Alleviate sneezing, coughing and shortness of breath.
- Clear mucus and sticky phlegm from the lungs.
- Strengthen your immune system.
- Prolong remission times.
How Often Should You Come
- Depending on age and severity, 15-20 sessions are recommended for long term results.
- With irreversible conditions you may need to come for more sessions.
- The sessions should be frequent; about two or three a week is suggested.
- You need a 20 sessions package a year during Hay Fever season, and a smaller package is recommended before the season starts as a preparation (5-10 session)
In most patients, after a course of Salt Therapy, airways become normal and symptoms disappear. The treatment’s efficacy is estimated at 75-98%. Most clients do 1-2 Salt Therapy courses a year. In between they might come back for some top-up sessions, if they start to feel poorly, e.g. they are coming down with a cold.